Monday, August 31, 2009

Anniversary!

Tomorrow is a big day for Jean and I.  We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary!  We met in Crescent City, CA - in the city swimming pool.  We were both swimmers, and were checking out each others stroke.  From Crescent City, we moved up to Salem, OR and have been there since 1983.  In that time, we've had two wonderful kids - Bethany and Patrick, owned 2 houses, a variety of vehicles, a fair number of cats and other assorted animals, had interesting careers, and loved each other through all of the ups and downs of life.

I can't imagine how my life would have turned out if I had not met Jean in that pool so many years ago.  Thirty years sounds like such a long time.  But for me, it is reality.  It is everything that life should have and could have been.  Not every day has been perfect - as is the case in real life.  But if I were to give my life with Jean a perfection rating on all the things that matter,  it would be at least 99.9%.  I have no regrets or wishes for something different.  I know deep in my heart that I love Jean every day.  We have two beautiful, wonderful children who reflect our lives and values, who will make this world a better place to live, who bring joy to us and to those around them, and who I love with all my heart.

Thirty years is a great start.  I look forward to the adventures and experiences we will have in the next 30 years.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary, John and Jean! What a wonderful thing, to have met 30 years ago and have all those years of wonder to celebrate together.
    From our family to yours, we wish you great happiness. Savor the day, knowing that your lives together made a difference to one another, and by happy extension, to the world.

    Wendy, Dennis and Abby Brokaw

    ReplyDelete